New Norfolk Attractions
New Norfolk, population 5000, is the commercial centre of the Derwent Valley with all the supporting businesses, including cafes, restaurants, supermarkets, hardware, chemist, and accommodation. It is also a popular destination for its six antique shops which are within walking distance of each other.
New Norfolk is centrally located 30 km from Hobart and is a perfect base to explore the surrounding area. It is also the gateway to the Mt Field National Park, and is on the major route to Queenstown and Strahan.
New Norfolk attractions include -
- six antique shops within walking distance
- Devil Jet - jet boat ride on the Derwent River
- Derwent Valley railway
- Oast House - museum of hops industry
- St Matthews - oldest Australian church
- The Barracks - colonial convict hospital (1830)
- Toll House - historic building
- Rosedown Gardens
- Bush Inn - Australia's oldest liquor license
- Willow Court - historic hospital buildings
- Pulpit Rock and Peppermint Hill lookouts - great views over New Norfolk
Attractions in surrounding area -